Ipoz Systems LLC of Texas now offers underwater navigation and 3D position and orientation with high accuracy. Metrology tools for 1000m and 3000m depth have been successfully tested for prefabricated jumper installations. "I am glad to report that our metrology tools perform well at depth and are competitive with the highest grade of Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) currently used for precise measurements at depth" declared Bill Tink, Managing Director of IPOZ, "we are ready to deploy them to any ocean at any time."
The pipeline survey (pigging) navigation department of IPOZ is busier than ever with thousands of miles of survey added to the foreseeable work load for 2010. After many years of data processing specialization, IPOZ who is the "Inertial Center of Excellence" is finally offering inertial positioning and orientation hardware to pigging companies who want the whole service, provided from scratch. By delivering extremely accurate positions and orientations at high rates (400Hz typical), IPOZ services improve dramatically over linear location information (odometer) that many pigging companies offer. IPOZ also proposes full complementary survey services (accurate GPS or theodolite) as well as full Geographic Information database management (GIS) to customers.
INERTIAL SURVEY BACKPACKS
We are currently demonstrating our revolutionary Inertial Backpacks and offer them for lease at competitive prices, primarily for Energy Exploration (seismic). Our inertial backpack offers high accuracy 3D survey services comparable to an RTK GPS backpack of the type you see surveying along the highways, but with the added advantages of operating in forested environments as well. GPS is accurate and productive, but doesn't work under thick canopy or in urban canyons. IPOZ backpacks operate in all environments where GPS is usable plus jungles, swamps, inside buildings, underground (mines), etc
Oil & Seismic NEWS
- PGS sells onshore business to Geokinetics Houston-based land seismic and transition zone specialist Geokinetics is buying the land seismic data acquisition business and onshore multi-client library business of PGS in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $210 million. First Break PGS
- No seismic shift in 2010 Oil Online Manager posted on 1/5/2010 The marine seismic industry chalked off 2009 as a year to forget, but Andrew McBarnet suggests that 2010 won't be a whole lot better.
- DUBAI Petroleumworld.com, Jan 26, 2010 Oil prices between $70 and $80 a barrel are "almost perfect" and may promote investment to increase energy supplies to meet global demand, Saudi Arabia's Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi said. Petroleumw Ali
- Eni Joins PDVSA in Junin 5 Development Tuesday, January 26, 2010. Rafael Ramírez, Venezuela's Minister of Energy and Petroleum and President of PDVSA, and Paolo Scaroni, Eni's CEO, have signed in the presence of Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez Frías and Vincenzo Scotti, Undersecretary of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an agreement for the development of Junin 5. rigzone
- Repsol-led consortium to invest $ 1.5 bn in Bolivia 26-11-09. A consortium led by Spain's Repsol-YPF plans to invest $ 1.5 bn to boost natural-gas production in the Caipipendi block in southern Bolivia, with a view to both meeting domestic demand and exporting the hydrocarbon to Argentina. GOC Repsol
- Exxon Mobil Corporation says that its affiliate ExxonMobil Iraq Limited signed an agreement with the Iraq Ministry of Oil to redevelop and expand the West Qurna-1 field in southern Iraq. scandoil Exxon
- FMC Technologies signed a subsea service contract with Petrobras effective through 2012 and expected to result in an additional $80 million in revenue to FMC Technologies. scandoil fmc
Survey & Inertial NEWS
- RapidEye Successfully Completes Important Imaging Campaign in Afghanistan
Helmand Watershed Repetitively Imaged Over 10 days. Brandenburg / Havel, Germany, January 26, 2010 - RapidEye, the only geospatial solutions provider to own and operate a constellation of five identical Earth Observation satellites, announced today that it has completed a baseline image campaign covering the Helmand river basin in Afghanistan.
- Thales and Tronics in Partnership for High-Performance Inertial MEMS for Civil Aircraft and Defence Applications (Nanowerk News) Tronics Microsystems, a manufacturer of integrated custom MEMS components, and Thales, a leading international electronics and systems group, today announced that they have signed a strategic supply agreement within the field of navigation systems. nanowerk
Contact IPOZ Systems LLC for any information on Inertial Navigation: www.ipoz.net